"Wow, it must be hard leaving everyone behind to move so far away..."
Transition has its pros and cons. A lot of times you are letting go of something while you are grabbing hold of something else.
Saying "yes" to moving to Thailand is letting go of a lot. I am going to be leaving behind the community I have so grown to love over the last several years. My church family and lifegroup has meant so much to me. My Baylor community has been amazing. My students and their families have been so great. And my family has been so supportive. I am going to miss them a lot.
To help with this transition, God has started to provide me with an awesome community in Thailand. I already knew two of the families connected to our church that live in Thailand because of going to Thailand last year. But what has been fun has been getting to know others connected to CRICS (the school) through Facebook. I feel like I already have so many friends there, even though I have never met many of them face to face. I am so thankful that God is providing such a gift as I move halfway around the world. I can't wait to get to know this new family more and learn from them- such a wealth of diversity and experiences.
For those of you I'm saying goodbye to- know that I appreciate and love you so much. And guess what? We have so many ways to stay connected while I'm gone- newsletters, prayer updates, and social media.
I also want to say that while I need community support, I also need financial support. I am currently at 5% of my monthly support for moving to Thailand. I need to be at 80% before I can buy a plane ticket. Every little bit helps. Would you consider/pray about partnering with me in this way? It not only benefits me, but it will benefit multiple students and families in Thailand as I go to teach and serve. You can head over to the giving page for more instructions or you can send me an email if you would like more information.
For those of you already in Thailand- know that I am so thankful for you as well and look forward to being together soon!
Blessings to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment