Tuesday, May 12, 2015

#ThailandTuesday: Life Update

Hey everyone!

I thought I'd take some time just to update everyone on what I'm doing right now with this process.

Many of you know that for the past two years I have been working on my masters in social work. Last week I completed my last big assignment (a colloquium presentation!) and I will be walking the stage this Saturday at 9:30 am! You are welcome to attend graduation if you are in Waco (at the Ferrell Center) or watch it online

It is a strange thing to close this chapter at Baylor after 9 years living in Waco. I would have never guessed that this would have been my path when I started my freshman year in 2006 but it has been the best journey. Baylor will always be so dear to my heart and the things I've learned and people I've met will always be a part of me. 

In the midst of finishing my MSW, I have also been working hard to prepare for Thailand. What does it look like to prepare to move to a different country? It looks like finding a place to live (which I have), going through the Visa process, deciding what to pack, getting an international driver's license, beginning to get ideas for the classes I might be teaching, and... team building, aka- support raising.

Over the last several months I have been raising support to move to Thailand. What does that mean? That means that I have to raise all the money I am going to need for everything over the next two years. Sound overwhelming? It can be. Then I take a step back and remember that God whispers the word, "Trust." It is not the easiest thing in the world to go ask people for money, and yet, money is needed (I'm not half way there yet but we still have plenty of time- God's got it!)

I will say that the biggest joy of this support raising process is connecting with friends and making new ones. Every time I talk to people about raising support I emphasize the concept of "team." Everybody is in. My victories are your victories. My stories are your stories. Everybody has something to offer. I look at my team already and go, whoah, there are my encouragers, there are my prayer warriors, there are networkers, there are my counselors, and there are my friends. I am seriously blown away and blessed.

I don't want to make this post about giving money. But I do want to ask, have you prayed about joining the team in some way? Do you believe in this mission and vision and want to jump in with me and what God is doing?

Maybe you say, I want to pray every day or once a week. Great! I really need that. Get on the prayer team.

Maybe you say, I am a good encourager. Awesome! Please send me encouragement!

Maybe you say, I have financial resources. Hallelujah! Please give.

And please let me know how I can be praying for you as well!


Be blessed, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment